Cycling to Enduimet is perfect if you want to discover Kilimanjaro, but don’t fancy doing the whole bike trip around the base of Kilimanjaro or to Ngorongoro.
The West Kilimanjaro plains are the region in northern Tanzania comprising of both Maasai community lands and Wildlife Management Areas.
The region comprises of acacia woodland and open plains that support a remarkable variety of wildlife and spectacular views of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt.Meru. The most common animals in the area include wildebeest, zebra, gazelles, impalas, giraffes and baboons. Depending on the time of year, elephants and zebras are a very common sight given the region lies along an elephant corridor linking Kenya’s Amboselis National Park, Arusha National park & Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania. This region is home to the nomadic Maasai herdsmen who co-exist with the surrounding wildlife hence the term Maasai land. Given the rich culture of the Maasai people and the variety of wildlife, a cycling tour in this area is ideal for those discerning travelers looking for an unforgettable off-the-beaten path adventure experience comprising of walking, photography, culture and scenery. Also for you who need to experience more than two different at the same time.
- Path: Off road
- Highlights: Amazing scenery, Cycling on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro and Abundant wildlife, Camping at the ege of Tanzania border.
NOTE: THIS TRIP DOESN’T HAVE AN OPTION OF LODGING, IT’S ONLY CAMPING.
Day 1: Drive From Moshi to Sanya Juu then Cycle to Sinya | 62K
Our ride today takes us through the Enduimet Wildlife Management Area which is one of Tanzania’s best kept secrets. Enduimet borders Amboseli National Park and serves as an important migratory route for wildlife including the African elephants and other animals. This area is inhabited primarily by the Maasai people but there are large populations of other tribes such as the Chagga, Meru and Pare people. Your ride starts off on the wide open plains dotted with acacia trees but it gets greener as you approach the lower slopes of Kilimanjaro where a lot of cultivation takes place. Your cycling tour today ends at Sinya which is situated on Maasai homesteads and overlooking the west Kilimanjaro plains.
- Meals: Lunch & Dinner included
Day 2: Cycle From Enduimet to Sanya | 85km
You will be wrapping up your last day of cycling by traversing the villages and plantations on the slopes of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The first half of the ride will be comprised of several steep ascents and descents. You will cycle through the suburbs and outskirts of Kilimanjaro on the back roads as you head towards to the Hotel which marks the end of your incredible 2-day journey around West Kilimanjaro, on two wheels.
- Meals: Breakfast & Lunch included
- Road Surface: Tarmac and dirt road
- Accommodation: Park View Hotel
- Ends of our 2-day Cycling Adventure.
- All 3 meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Snacks and fruits
- Complimentary 3+ liters of mineral water everyday
- Mountain bikes & Helmets
- Camping gears like Quality Tents, mattress, Chairs and Tables
- Support vehicle (Backup vehicle)
- Tour guide(s), Bike Mechanic, Driver and Cook
- Village fees, Camping fees, WMA fees (Wildlife management Conservation Area).
- One night while on the trip and one night at the hotel in Moshi
- Cycling fees and All entry fees
- Complete First Aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
- Compulsory tips for Guide, Bike mechanic, Driver and Cook
- Sleeping bag, (You can rent if you don’t have when you arrive in Moshi)
- Items of a personal nature
- Entry visa for Tanzania
- Optional but highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
- Personal medicine